Help with bonnet hinges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with bonnet hinges.

I have searched but have been unable to find a post that covers my question.
    Please could anyone advise me how to gain access to the bonnet hinges on a 93 kzn130 surf? It looks like I will have to remove the scuttle pannel but I cant work out exactly how to do it. The hinge pivots are partially seized and need greasing but I cant get to them as they are buried inside the bulkhead. Any advice would be most appreciated

there are screws along the front of the panel in the gutter part.Once they are allout then you need to give it a hard pull to release it.
    Once it is off then you will find the bolts holding the hinges in place.Remover the bonnet first though
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thank you!

I'm very grateful. I tried it once before but the panel was firmly fixed and I was worried about hidden screws or breaking any fixing clips. Do I need to remove the bonnet just to lube up the hinges? Can you get the scuttle panel off with the bonnet still in place?

Comment

The panel is fixed tight under the window trim but by being carefull you can get it off with out causing any damage.There are then the screws along the front of the panel and i think there are a few black clips that just push in.If the black clips break it wont matter as the panel front has the screws holding it anyway
        You can take the panel off with the bonnet in place but for the sake of 4 bolts and making it easier i would take it off.I think there is a nut on the underside of the hinge that can be slackened off a bit as i had a similar thing on an old truck and by taking the hige out completely i was able to slacken the nut a bit to free the hinge movement a bit
        Last edited by stormforce; 6 September 2010, 15:55.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
        X