Vacuum pipe help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum pipe help needed

New head fitted, EGR removed and blanking plate fitted, now I'm fitting the vac pipes back on and not sure what goes where.
    One problem is this hard pipe that runs along block and bolts onto block in 2 places, where it bolts on behind the oil filter on my 3.0 the pipe is pointing towards the flange on head that acceptes the intake manifold, I think it might be a bit out of shape but before I bend it I wanted to make sure of the correct route it should take.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Next problem is where does all the other ones go? EGR is gone so what goes where, add some arrows to the pics and help me out guys!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Thought you were coming to glower at mine?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ok, this may not make any sence, but can't take any pic cos phone is flat...

The hard line should go straight on, so the bit with hose still on points down, the hose is now redundent

The bit of hose in pic 2, with the metal tab on middle, that bolts under the support flange on the coolant pipe in pic 1

Then the short bit of hose will connect to the hard line in pic 1

The y-piece goes to each VSV, you've left one on, one off each bit so its easy to see which valve is which, although it dosn't matter.

Then the output of each VSV goes to the UFO shaped bit, they are different lenghts so only fits nicely one way.

That should be that.

You know they are all part of the smooth shut down system, you can actually bin the lot, the truck will just take a second longer to start and stop with a clonk.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thank you Tony, off to try that now.

Andy, I was gonna come down but my dinner was ready and I thought I'd ask quickly here first.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

taken this out, Thought Tony's was more confusing till I reread mine, but I couldn't simplify it, I'll shut the *uck up now. Hazzo
          Last edited by Hazzo; 16 July 2010, 20:43.

Comment

Working...
          X