how aircon works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how aircon works

as above when i press the a/c button on the dash it lights up and thats it under the bonnet the a/c pump has a funny pulley, is this like a clutch arrangment ???

if so its not engaging so my question is does it need regassing or replacing ???

It needs re-gassing.
    The compressor clutch (it's activated by an electromagnet) won't engage if there's no, or very little gas in the system.

If you've got the original R12 system, expect to pay around 200 bucks to get it 'modernised' to R134a.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      It needs re-gassing.
      The compressor clutch (it's activated by an electromagnet) won't engage if there's no, or very little gas in the system.

If you've got the original R12 system, expect to pay around 200 bucks to get it 'modernised' to R134a.
      My Lex has the R12 system.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ok so it needs regasssing ........... why 200 quid to "modernise" then ?????

Comment

Originally posted by rodsurf View Post
          ###### tree huggers
          something about ozone layer and all that
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Seals are different, as are the connectors.

Comment

so in a nutshell not worth bothering with ????

Comment

so in a nutshell not worth bothering with ????
                Depends on whether-or-not you have R12 and your perception of the value of £200. Your's may also have been converted anyway. Take it to KwikFit and get them to look at it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Depends on whether-or-not you have R12 and your perception of the value of £200. Your's may also have been converted anyway.
                  dont think it has any gas in it coz i pressed the valve and nothing came out also my perception of money is that the truck only cost me 260 quid so i wont be spending 200 quid to get the aircon done.

had a chat with a mate in the trade who's got aircon service stuff and he will have a look on a saturday sometime see whats occuring so will updte when i know more
                  Last edited by rodsurf; 14 July 2010, 19:08.

Comment

Could have saved at lot time if you'd just asked him first!

Comment

also my perception of money is that the truck only cost me 260 quid so i wont be spending 200 quid to get the aircon done.
                      That's not percieved value, that's relative value

Comment

feck it not arsed about values its a cheap truck and i would rather spend the money on better things like decent tyres and tough bits for it

Comment

Working...
                        X