Squealing noise when in reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealing noise when in reverse

Sorry my first post is asking for help. I have a ssrx 3.0 td auto (this is my first car ever, spent 29 years riding around on motorbikes,). Anyway a squealing noise has started when i'm reversing and it seems to be coming from the rear end, to me it sounds like brakes binding. But it doesn't do it when i'm going forward or if i roll back in neutral. Any suggestions on what i should be looking at. Thanks.

not heard this one before n I've had mine 3 years now, I suggest you get under it with the grease gun and do all the uj's n prop shaft grease points till it oozes out. Someone else should offer an opinion soon so just wait a bit, your first post was bedtime last night and this one is worktime today so all could be busy. HAPPY SURFIN, the worst is yet to come. H

Comment

its normally a knackered UJ on the rear prop.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ok, thanks for that, i'm curious as to why i can't hear it when i'm going forward though.

Comment

its just how they wear, you don't go backwards as much as forwards, so its stiffer/tighter in reverse.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Never had reverse gear before unless you count pushing with your feet

Comment

You've not lived till you rode a Cossack with sidecar, reverse gear. H

Comment

Well finally got the truck up on my mates car lift, unfortunately the squealing noise had fixed it's self before hand so i still don't know what the culprit is, though he did find out that the front prop shaft needs replacing

Comment

Working...
                X