Really need help now!! :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need help now!! :-(

In relation to the thread I started earlier labelled 'Elusive Diesel Leak' ..... I have just found the leak....With the truck sitting at a certain angle & running it absolutely ####ES out diesel all over the floor Not good ,cos I've just started to get the truck running right!!! The diesel is pouring out from around the fuel injection pump ... & YES, I have been using a bit of veg in the diesel .... I mean absolutely pouring out!! SOmeone give me some advice please!!!! Gonna start stripping off to have a look 2moro at the pump to see if any of the injection pipe nuts are loose or anything simple, if it's a bigger job then I'm gonna have to get some help!!! Any ideas guys??....

what truck have you got a 2.4 or 3.0.Also try going back to just diesel to see if that helps it.
    It does sound like the seals have gone in the pump.If you need a 3.0 fuel pump then i have a good one here for £110 delivered
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      what truck have you got a 2.4 or 3.0.Also try going back to just diesel to see if that helps it.
      It does sound like the seals have gone in the pump.If you need a 3.0 fuel pump then i have a good one here for £110 delivered
      Hiya Stormforce!! Ure always on here for a hand aren't u m8?? Cheers!! It's an LN130 2.4td ....... I thought it sounds like the seals have gone too..... is there any way of replacing the seals or does the whole pump have to be changed??? What sort of job is it to replace the pump on these? Knowing my luck it's a proper nightmare m8!!! & i've just started getting the truck running properly & got rid of all the oil leaks too! lol!

Comment

As far as i know the seals can be changed with the pump left in place.There are a couple of write ups on here somewhere about doing the seals so it should be easy enough

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          As far as i know the seals can be changed with the pump left in place.There are a couple of write ups on here somewhere about doing the seals so it should be easy enough
          OUCH!!! I notice how u say 'Should be' !! lol!! I noticed Roughtrax has a seal kit for a fuel pump, so i'll check it out l8er.... I haven't forgot about the speed sensor I wanted off u either m8!! Not messing u around & I'll bear in mind uve stil got one when I get around to it!!! Cheers m8!
          Danny

Comment

i still got the sensor here so just give a shout if its needed

Comment

Think the best option for now is to drain the tank of vege/ diesel for now & try running the truck on clean diesel....if the truck runs without much of a leak at least the missus can use it whilst I'm waiting for a seal set.... After reading up on what's involved on replacing the fuel pump seals I know I'm gonna need 2 or 3 days spare & the kit before I can get the truck back on the road running veg and not leaking!! At least if I can minimise the leaking for now the missus can use it!! What do u reckon guys?

Comment

Took a day off work 2day guys & flushed out the entire system of vege-diesel... Then put some clean diesel in the tank & although there are a couple of drips of diesel leaking when cold the leaking has all but stopped!!! Over the nxt couple of weeks I'll get a set of fuel pump seals from Milners & put some time aside 2 replace the seals on the pump.... Until then we'll just have 2 run the teuck on straight diesel , but after a bit of veg will have 2 be added again!! Thanx for all ur help guys & will be doing my homework on replacing the pump seals over the nxt couple of weeks!!

Comment

Working...
                X