Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Last week I had my first drive in a Surf and was well impressed apart from the brakes. They weren't particularly spongy but they needed afair bit of pressure to actually stop the car quickly - is this normal or is there a problem with the vehicle ?
    Life is too important to take seriously !

Originally posted by Predictable Bob
    Last week I had my first drive in a Surf and was well impressed apart from the brakes. They weren't particularly spongy but they needed afair bit of pressure to actually stop the car quickly - is this normal or is there a problem with the vehicle ?
    Don't sound right both mine stop very well for a big motor, try a couple more out first out.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

have a similar prob with my 3.0ltr '94 auto. It takes quite a bit of pressure to stop the truck. When we for the test drive they were great but since then (after the pre-delivery service) the new pads/shoes don't seem to be as good. However, on the test drive I almost turned the thing around a a roundabout when someone pulled out so I can't help thinking that the rear load sensor has been adjusted to stop that happening. Concequence is the braking isn't as sharp.

My front discs are wrapped again too (and I don't drive that hard) so me thinks its the rears not biting much?!
      Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Working...
      X