winch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winch

just bought a champion winch complete with mounting plate and wireing.

the chap i bought it from had it bolted to his bumper top, just been out to look at my bumper in the dark and it doesn't look to strong, what has everyone else done to attach a winch, without going down a purpose built winch bumper jobbie.

i have a tubular winch bumper on my disco but i want to keep that on the disco to help in selling it (needs all the help it can get).
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

I fitted my bull bars the other day noticed that underneath there is another 2 threaded nuts in the frame, might be worth trying to get some sort of frame built up from them?
    3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
    Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
    Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
    Tires MT 33's
    Snorkle
    4" Lift
    Tow Bar
    Wind Deflectors
    Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

pop over one eve' John and have a natter..I'm in the design process at the mo' and looking at a few ways of strengthening the front for winch type loads

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
        pop over one eve' John and have a natter..I'm in the design process at the mo' and looking at a few ways of strengthening the front for winch type loads
        will do Nik, been looking today and with a bit of trial and error i reckon it would be quite easy. i have a winch tray now just need to fab some brackets up.

i think i upset your mate today, as i have decided to keep the discovery in one piece to help sell it.

anyone want a winched up, snorkeled, lifted, big tyred green oval

Comment

i was lucky my surf came with a toyota winch bar fited but the winch was a denso winch but it was gubed so i got a new winch from ebay and just bolted it on
          S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
            i was lucky my surf came with a toyota winch bar fited but the winch was a denso winch but it was gubed so i got a new winch from ebay and just bolted it on
            any chance of some pictures of the brackets

Comment

I've recently made up some mounts to fit a winch bumper to my 3rd gen. I've not actually got a winch, its purely for posing purposes!!

only joking!!

The bracket is made in 3mm steel and slots over both chassis rails securing under the towing eyes and also on the origonal bumper mounting points. The forward facing arms hold the bumper (they were from a 2nd gen mounting bracket that I took the idea from). When I get a winch I was going to hopefully bolt it on the top edge of this bracket. I might add some extra gussets on the inside edge if I thought it needed it.

Comment

Working...
              X