Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking & Adjusting Torsion Bars

Hi All,

Is there anyone who could explain to me how to do this properly?

I just replaced the wishbone bushes, disks, pads and track rods and before I get it aligned I want to make sure my torsion bar adjustment and ride height etc. is spot on.

I had a look on the aussie site but the link to Torsion Bar Replacement doesn't show you how to actually check or adjust them!

Thanks!

Gary

First of all, measure to the centre of the wheel arch height from the ground.
    Jack the front up so both wheels hang free and torsion bars are relaxed, mark the position of the adjuster bolt heads in relation to the chassis rails, then count the number of turns. Clockwise (as you look up at the bolts) to raise, (stiffen) anti-clock to lower (soften) . Do both sides the same amount.
    About 12 full turns clockwise will raise the front end about an inch if they're at the factory settings.

Then lower truck to the ground and either bounce the front end a few times or go for a drive around the block to settle the t/bars then re-measure and adjust accordingly.

Comment

Re

Thanks again Vince,

On this pic how do you raise and lower?

Is there a retaining bolt that has to be loosened before you adjust?

My ride height is perfect I just want both sides to be exactly the same.

Sorry for the dumb questions if they are obvious!
      Last edited by hellmett; 16 April 2010, 17:20.

Comment

Just turn the bolt head (the one facing the ground) to raise and/or lower.
        On mine the top nut didn't turn when I adjusted my bars but if yours does, you'll need to hold it still with another spanner.

Comment

Re

Fantastic mate!

I owe you yet another pint!

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X