Surf 3lt automatic- Gearbox problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf 3lt automatic- Gearbox problem

Hello, im looking for some advice please! I have a 1995 Surf 3lt Automatic and am having problems with it going into overdrive, occasionally it goes in. If i come up to a round about and stop and try to move off, theres loads of revs and no forward movement, so now i set off in low, 10mph then push it into drive. Any help or advice gratefully recieved.
    Bob

Check ATF levels first when oil hot, leaving the engine running and cycle through the gears before checking.
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Thankyou very much, have already done that, anymore suggestions please?!
      Bob

Comment

Does the o/d warning light flash on and off at all?

Maybe try and find if the ECU is showing a fault code.
        www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

If you have a body lift, check its selecting properly.

After you've checked all the levels, crawl under the truck and look at the gearbox, on the passenger side, 1/2 way back ( kind of above where the dipstick tube enters the sump ), you should find a black 3 wire plug, this is the shift control loom, unplug it and then try the truck, you have to select all the gears manually, you will have L, 2nd and O/D gears. (3rd is only electric selecting) and reverse.

This will prove the gearbox and selector are mechanically sound and its an ECU/solonoid problem.

If its a solonoid problem, then you should get a fault code when you do the diagnostics codes and press the O/D button and count the flashes of the O/D light.

If codes are clear, its probably the ECU itself.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Many thanks for the suggestions, I will go and try them now! Fingers crossed!
            Nice horse Tony, we have one like that, but ours is built like a tank!! :-)
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X