2.4td engine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4td engine problems

while driving today my car died it gave a heavy click the click you get when you turn on the ignition the rev counter went off engine manigment came on and there was heavy smoke now when i start up it seems to be overfueling and reving up on its own also when ithis happens i can hear this clicking noise its like the ignition being turned off then on again any help pls cheers

you need to do the fault codes as described in the sticky thread, sounds like the fuel pump could be throwing a wobbly, if nothing comes up try a new fuel filter and lots of redex before worrying to much.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have a 91 2.4. What you have described is almost identical to my fault. L had new pump seals replaced as she was losing more fuel then using, now a few mths on I have this insane switchin/clickin noise from the engine, the check and turbo light flashin like mad and she overrevs then trys to stall! I have changed the fuel filter last weekend and she improved.I checked the vacuum pipes and found some perishing especially on the 'J' shaped one below the throttle mech which I will change. I was advised it could be the .Throttle position switch. Its not been as cold in the mornings and starts a little better and the fault is more intermittent. I have error codes 2 and 11 coming up. I find if I hit a pot hole, that can set it off. Tony has advised me and makes alot of sence, Im gonna try the Redex myself and see what
      happens, I will keep you posted, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
      Annoyin fault aint it!
      I love her, but she keeps on taking!

Comment

I was advised to change that TPS but not sure if its the "Throttle position switch" or Turbo pressure sensor"? Im also getting other clatterin noises from the engine and an electrical switchin/shortin type sound sometimes.Wot have we got our selves into? Good Luck!
        Last edited by Estwing; 16 March 2010, 23:26.

Comment

I got the answer!

Twas the timing belt and tensioner. but thanx for the help anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X