replacingthe radio aeriel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacingthe radio aeriel

hi i need help! i hit my ariel off an out branch and it bent it to a degree that it broke off! can anyone please tell me how difficult it is to replace? when i switch my radio on there is a grinding noise that lasts around 15 seconds then stops, presumably trying to put up the top 2 3rd's of ariel that is no longer there, and the last thickest (bottom) part is stuck inside and refuses to budge. any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

from memory

remove top of mount from the aerial, switch on aerial which should out the aerial and platic toothed strip.

Gently feed new plastic toothed strip in until it stops. Get a friend to switch of the radio and then gently feed plastic strip in followed by the mast.

Replace the top mount job done.

There should be instructions with the replacement mast on how to do it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

when i did this a bit of the strip got stuck in the mechanism and would not come out so i had to remove the motor open it up and get all the bits out fairly easy job. but try the easy option first.

Comment

Did you take the wing off to get at the mechanism or just go in through the wheel arch?
        Cheers.

Comment

there must be some way of switching the aral so it gos down and you can still have the Cd i never listen to the radio when off roading
          S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

my arial does not come up when my cd player is on. it might br the head unit you have
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
            X