New Headlight Bulbs '95 SSRX 3.0 Tdi Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Headlight Bulbs '95 SSRX 3.0 Tdi Auto

Having just purchased my first Hilux Surf I am looking for some advice. Cracked an oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter change yesterday. Next on the list is to change the headlight bulbs. Can anyone suggest a decent bulb that won't require wiring loom changes etc as I'm not quite up to that yet. Also can you pull the light out forwards to get at it or do you have to go in from the engine side having moved batteries, washer tank etc?
    Secondly the rear window de-frost isn't working. I've had the back off but can't see what i'm looking for? Also the aerial is stuck up and doesn't make a sound (presumably the motor has gone) what's the best way to attack that.
    Other than that I'm really pleased with it and enjoyed getting round the engine yesterday.
    Thanks in advance,
    T.

I'll just go for the headlights question if that's OK?

Hit eBay for some Osram Nightbreaker bulbs, they are about £20 RRP but I got mine for £9.25 buy it now. They are excellent. +90% Light output and +10% Whiteness.

I just fitted them myself and they are a world of difference!
    You will need to go in from the back on that model (I have the pre-facelift and so can just pop the headlights out forward) but you'll have to removethe batteries etc.

Hope this helps,

Ray.

PS, just in case I have massively misjudged the situation (I don't think I have due to the problems you have listed) are you running a 2nd Gen?
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

You can gain access to aerial motor assembly by removing (unbolting) the plastics on inner wing and taking the motor mount bracket off (1 bolt I think) and unplugging the motor, unscrew the aerial securing ring on wing and the whole lot should come out (might be tricky with it extended) and get a working unit from a breaker to replace. When old units off give connections a good clean and check before getting another one, it might just be full of dirt.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Oh, and welsome to the forum by the way!

Where in Dorset are you?

Thanks,

Ray.
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Halfords Ultra Briliance (if that's what they're called) are good and they're on a BOGOF just now.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Halfords Ultra Briliance (if that's what they're called) are good and they're on a BOGOF just now.
            I just installed a set of the halfords bulbs - huge difference
            I also just fixed my rear window defogger - broken wires inside the tailgate
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Thanks for the tips, I'll get on to it as soon as possible.
              P.s it is a gen 2 Ray, cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X