engine manage flashing 2.4/93surf.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine manage flashing 2.4/93surf.

engine management light keeps coming on.Been like this for about 6 weeks,it drives a bit sluggish in low gears then drives ok after 2000 revs and when warmed up drives ok. I have been driving it to birmingham for that time, is ok on moterway.Anyone help.
    Last edited by dawud40; 14 March 2010, 10:05.

Hi and just try a diagnostic check on it

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
    Your link sucks....

hehehe, like I said yesterday, they are in the sticky servicing thread...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Hi thanks for reply,took it local garage said he could not find anywhere to plug computer into.My surf is on a 93plate.

Comment

No prob what surf is it 2.4/3.0? and the dignostic box is a little one next to the fuse box with a grey cover if i remember right. Just give the link by TonyN a whirl and it should give you a starting point.

Rob

Comment

hi its 2.4.
          thanks

Comment

If you edit your profile and put the engine type in you will get better answers related to the surf you have as the engines are pretty different.

Good luck and hope is nothing major

Comment

Hi checked engine codes(hope i did right lol) i am getting continuos flashing on all first on gave 12 flashes then pause 3-4secs then 13 flashes then pause then 8 flashes then pause then repeats this cycle again. havent got a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by dawud40 View Post
                Hi checked engine codes(hope i did right lol) i am getting continuos flashing on all first on gave 12 flashes then pause 3-4secs then 13 flashes then pause then 8 flashes then pause then repeats this cycle again. havent got a clue.

So thats codes:

8. Make sure the sensor is fitted into the rubber grommet in the side of the air filter housing, inlet elbow.

12. problem with the fuel pump or fuel delivery.

13. Crank position sensor, it's bolted to the front of the engine, near the bottom pulley. Check connection and/or clean the sensor tip.

RESULTS FROM CODES

1 - Normal
                2 - Turbo boost pressure sensor
                4 - Coolant temperature sensor
                5 - Correction resistance (Pump)
                6 - Pump speed sensor (Pump)
                7 - Throttle position sensor
                8 - Intake air temperature sensor
                9 - Vehicle speed sensor
                10 - Starter switch
                11 - Switch sign (Vehicle not in P or N or A/C on)
                12 - Timer control valve (Pump)
                13 - Crank position sensor

Comment

Beat me to it! got to learn to type quicker

Originally posted by dawud40 View Post
                  Had to do it a few times myself to make sure i was doing it right!...On my old truck (2.4) i always had problems as some bugger had bodged the engine together and crank sensor didnt work right i.e not there ....and made some contraption running off the power steering pulley!...
                  anyhow...the truck was in permanent 'safe mode' i.e no guts at all.
                  Check the connections to the sensor (from memory it was on the front side of the engine next to the passenger side), should be able to see it looking over the wheel if the side cover is off.
                  If this is not working then it will knock the pump out hence fault 13 but fault 8 i think...check the air intake sensor on the air counduit next to the filter (might have fallen out or loose connection?)

A grown up will be along later though to give you a bit better advice!!

Might save you some cash if another member is local to you to swap sensors and see if that works.... or could try stormforce and he might be able to sort you some second hand ones.

Hope this helps.

Rob
                  Last edited by wiggy; 6 March 2010, 17:09. Reason: Beaten to it!

Comment

thanks for all the help guys, will do as suggested.

Comment

Working...
                    X