@niftynev: heater motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @niftynev: heater motor

hello Mr. niftynev i've been doing a bit a searching and it seems your the guy who might be able to help me.
    My heater doesn't move the air flow when I press the buttons on the dash, so i'll press the feet button and it still has air coming out the windscreen vents (i'm not sure that makes sense hope you know what I mean ) I looked in footwell and found the unit that opens and close the different vents and connected the cable to the pin (which had been taken off) and the cable will 'pull' the pin so it will move down the vents but it won't 'push' it so it won't go back to windscreen without a bit of of manual assistance. Could the cable need tightening (is that possible?) or is the motor just on it's way out do you think?
    Thanks very much
    Dan

you'll probably find the cable has a kink in it stopping it from pushing and only allowing the pull
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Coud be kinked as stated above. Disconnect the cable from the motor (the one above transmission tunnel is the one that controls vents) and then try the butons as you watch the motor. It should move over the full range from side to side. If it does check cable and vent linkages.

Nev

Comment

thnkas for that, i've only been looking at the little white arms, do you have to remove the lowers dash to get to motor?

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
          do you have to remove the lowers dash to get to motor?
          Just the panel in front of console IIRC.

Motor is just below the white section of ducting.

Cable connection is under the small cover.

Nev

Comment

thanks for that. I've had a closer look and found the motor thanks to th pics, and the cable looks like one of the ends has somehow got mangled, so when it pushes it simply folds round. So i'll need a new cable I think, i'll add it to my shopping list.
            thanks for the replies
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X