yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going downhill but meant to be going uphill! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going downhill but meant to be going uphill! :)

hello everyone. just a quick hello before i ask my first question as this is my first post. HELLO.
    ive just started to notice the other day that my surf is starting to fall backwards on hills whilst still in drive and at a stand still with my foot off the break?
    it never used to do this. it would always hold itself and would never rock back. it only seems to be rolling back ever so slighly but like i said.....it never used to before.
    is there any need for concern?? is my gearbox on its way out??
    James. (or jamie, or jay aslong as its not jimbo!)
    Windows 7 was my idea!

Hi and welcome Jamie.Check the ATF as it may need topping up or changing
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hey Jimbo, welcome to the forums!

Have you checked the ATF level? While the engine is still warm, and ideally running - the dipstick has a small yellow handle, down the right side of the engine.
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

hello mate. its just has a full service with a few extras done as well. my mechanic mate said he checked the ATF and said all was fine.
        any other possibilities?
        cheers.
        Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post

Have you checked the ATF level? While the engine is still warm, and ideally running - the dipstick has a small yellow handle, down the right side of the engine.
          cheeky ****! lol
          ill check it again tomoz. i didnt service the truck so i have no idea if he checked it when it was warm and running??
          cheers for the tip.
          Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Is it happening when the engine's particularly hot? I suppose it could be caused by hot ATF, as it gets less viscous when it's hot.

Did you change anything else on the truck when it was being serviced? Has it just started doing it after the service? might be worth talking to the mechanic who did it if so?
            Andy
            http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Is it happening when the engine's particularly hot? I suppose it could be caused by hot ATF, as it gets less viscous when it's hot.

Did you change anything else on the truck when it was being serviced? Has it just started doing it after the service? might be worth talking to the mechanic who did it if so?
              erm i would say between normal temp and hot yes?
              and yes ive only noticed it since the service. ill check the dip stick myself tomoz and ring him back if the level is low.
              Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

ORANGE!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  ORANGE!
                  im sure it could look yellow to some people
                  Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
                    im sure it could look yellow to some people
                    Possibly, if they had cataracts!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      ORANGE!
                      The first time I checked the level on my'n I had to check here wich one it was, kinda guessed from where they where, but checked anyway, hehe I didn't spot the retainer catch and almost pulled the top half of the pipe up with the dip hehe.

peace
                      cal
                      Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X