Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help needed for a noob...

Hi all, new to the fourum, had my Surf for a
    good few weeks now and have been getting out greenlaning quite alot, going out two to three times a week, I wondered if you guys might be able to answer a few suspension questions i have about my new Surf?

I have the dredded droopy ass, and am thinking of going with +2" rear springs, i have seen on the Rough Trax site that you can use standard length shocks, what are the implications of doing so? I'm keen to keep the standard shocks due to cash restraints, and they work well.

Secondly if I went the +2" route how much does the lift offset the rear axle and driveline? Is it ok to lift now and sort out the panhard rod at a later date?

Iknow the suspension issue has been covered many, many times but can't find if these issues have been previously addressed.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

*It's a 91 2.4td (LN130 ?)
    Last edited by DirtSurfer; 12 February 2010, 21:08. Reason: included more info

Bump

Comment

you will be fine with the 2" with the standard shocks but the articulation will be a little restricted thats all.If your going to be doing more off roading than green lanes then i would suggest getting the +2" or even the +3" shocks.
      The rear axel will bbe fine aswell with the 2" lift.Anything over that then you will need the panhard rod modified
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Excellent, cheers Stormforce!!
        Thats pretty much what i thought about it, but always good to get a second opinion.
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X