Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!!

Hi guys and girls

ive joined up in a desperate bid for some information...

we have a toyota 4x4 2.4 non turbo K plate pickup truck, which the head gasket has just gone on as well as needing a few other bits and pieces doing, and we have been offered a 93/94 plate 2.4 TD Surf tatty with a good engine.

what im wondering is if the conversion to put the surf engine in the pick up is an easy one, and if anyone has done it and what it involves?

thank you very much!

can no one help me?

Comment

Not sure if it will fit in your vehicle but you will need to include the entire loom and ECU from the new engine.

Nev

Comment

And if you're really going to all that bother then put a 3.0 in - big difference in power.

Comment

as others said the Surf engine is very electronic heavy, it just won't run (very well!) without all the electrics and ECU off the Surf. And the ECU still won't be happy without inputs from the autobox (most surfs are).

easiest way round it is to use the engine out of the surf, with your old fuel pump in the pick up to get around the electrics issue.

or just cut the back of the roof off the Surf.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks guys, i will relay this info

the surf in question is a manual so no worries about an autobox, and the plan is to change everything engine, loom, ecu etc, will it plug and play if we do it this way?

sorry im a renault person myself so have no idea about 4x4's tbh

Comment

Working...
            X