No announcement yet.

Supertrux extended braided brake hoses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supertrux extended braided brake hoses.

Folks,

some advice required.

I wanted to change over my brake hoses, for extended ones... 2" lift imminent.
    And I picked up some of these Supertrux hoses a while back...

<Previously>
    After having had one of the wheels off and looking at the brake hose fittings, it didn't look like it would fit... Was I missing something fundamental here...? Or am I just plain stupid... (probably).

I called Supertrux and, yes, they are the correct fittings for a 2nd Gen Surf. I even went upto see them and they looked in the wheel arch, looked at the fittings and, yes they were the right fittings.
    </Previously>

Fast forward...
    I did nothing else about it. Rummaging about in the shed for bits to see what i already had to service my Toy before our trip/jaunt to France... lo and behold those dreaded brake hoses... (2" lift not withstanding.) If I lift it (Toy), I ought to fit these hoses...

So, do I need anything else... because the knuckle end of the hose won't sit in the fork that holds the oringinal hose... Is it time to fabricate something... or am I missing something...?

Kind and gentle suggestions gratefully received.

andyL

The braided stainless hoses should have exactly the same fittings as the original hoses even if they are longer unless you specified something different when you ordered them.

LA Supertrux (and that other idiot in Bristol) buy their hoses from Goodrich Aeroquip but you can buy either sets for specific cars or custom made hoses from their direct marketing company for much less (3 hose kits are £37 with zinc plated fittings)

Earl's Direct
    2a The Plains
    Totnes
    Devon
    TQ9 5DR

Tel: 01803 869850

Comment

Working...
    X