4wd no light no 4wd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd no light no 4wd?

hi all happy new year to you i have a 1990 2.4td my problem is when i operate the 4wd button i have no light on dash and no 4wd the relays are working under dash assembly.i was told that if i swap the vacum pipes under the bonnet on the drivers side inner wing this would work ? i tried this but i cant here or feel any suction or blowing on any pipe?please can anyone advise pls pls pls thanks in advance.WHAT AM I DOING WRONG 41 views no reply am i set up on site ok thanks yours hoping colin....
    Last edited by c elliott; 21 January 2010, 18:44. Reason: no reply

Hi, to bump and also that we have the same problem, only found out when the weather hit. Our local garage didn't have a clue, is there something that generally can go wrong?

Comment

This has been discussed to death, have a look at the links at the bottom of this page, that'll help. Normally it's a loose or broken vacuum pipe.

Scrub that, they've been skewed by the light reference.

Search for ADD or four wheel drive. Have a look through the tech threads too.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by c elliott View Post
        hi all happy new year to you i have a 1990 2.4td my problem is when i operate the 4wd button i have no light on dash and no 4wd the relays are working under dash assembly.i was told that if i swap the vacum pipes under the bonnet on the drivers side inner wing this would work ? i tried this but i cant here or feel any suction or blowing on any pipe?please can anyone advise pls pls pls thanks in advance.WHAT AM I DOING WRONG 41 views no reply am i set up on site ok thanks yours hoping colin....
        Fetch it up to me this week-end Colin, I'll sort it out.

Welcome on board by the way, enjoy your stay.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Fetch it up to me this week-end Colin, I'll sort it out.

Welcome on board by the way, enjoy your stay.
          Why'd he not just ask you in the fist place?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Why'd he not just ask you in the fist place?
            Probably because he's never heard of me?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Probably because he's never heard of me?
              Ah, sorry. I thought the way you said to bring it round, he already knew where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                Ah, sorry. I thought the way you said to bring it round, he already knew where to go.
                Nope, don't know him, but I've probably see his truck on the road and he's probably heard mine!

Comment

i had the same problem recently it was the switch going into the front diff casing it was 52euro from toyota

Comment

Working...
                  X