Won't engage 4WD on the move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
    cool, just excuse my ignorance once more, why have they this setup included, would they not just leave it out if it works better....
    Dunno, can't see the point of it myself, just over complicates the system.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Dunno, can't see the point of it myself, just over complicates the system.
      can ya just blank off the 2 pipes or do you just put a bit of pipe between, :P can ya guess i like bodging things :P

and vince 2 months ago your diagnosis on rumblings in my left front wheel were correct, bronze bushes on way form toyota.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
        can ya just blank off the 2 pipes or do you just put a bit of pipe between, :P can ya guess i like bodging things :P

and vince 2 months ago your diagnosis on rumblings in my left front wheel were correct, bronze bushes on way form toyota.....
        You can sect 4wd, wait for it to engage then blank off the pipes to hold the sliding collar in position.
        But eventually the vacuum may leak out and the collar will gradually slide back the other way and you'll have to reconnect the vacuum lines to pull it back if you want 4wd again.

If you follow the instructions in that link, you'll have it all done within an hour. The longest part is waiting for the diff oil to drain so you can get the actuator assembly off to 'lock' the collar in position.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          The longest part is waiting for the diff oil to drain so you can get the actuator assembly off to 'lock' the collar in position.
          if it aint engine oil i aint changing it....

i learnt my lesson with ATF..... guess i'll just push the button and wait, not like we get much need for it here....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            You have a 3rd gen, you're supposed to have a flashing light till it engages. (or not, as yours does sometimes... lol )

Us lowly 2nd gen owners don't get a light till it actually selects, till then we're in the dark...

I forgot the old ones are differant BUT then the 2nd gens are Soooo much better than the 3rd gens OR at least they are till you have fixed mine then I can revert back to the truth...
            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

oops, better order your bits.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                oops, better order your bits.....

Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                X