Problems!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems!!

Hello all, any chance of some advice please?

No heat from heater. Local garage had my Surf in to fix an oil leak. Since I got the car back there's no heat coming from the heater, the front wheels don't engage in 4wd mode (another mechanic said it's the auto hubs).

This garage also charged me £30 to fix the locking mechanism on the drivers side door. It's not working again and he wants another £50 to fix it. Seems this garage are too keen to take money without really knowing what they are doing.

Does anybody know if the above problems could be connected in any way??

Hi n Welcome,
    It may help us all to know what Model n Year etc ya Truck is before we start guessing / speculating !!

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Re

Sound's like they are taking the pi55 mate.

As Diezel says, we need some more info!

Comment

I would have cheaper to subscribe on here in the first place!

Where was the oil leak coming from? If it was the valve/rocker cover, then
        the cable may have been knocked off the valve on the bulkhead that shuts off the coolant flow to the heater.

Whats the symptoms of the door lock? Sounds like they just gave it a squirt of WD40.

4WD problem could be a vacuum pipe knocked off by the same mechanic creating another problem hoping you'll be back with another blank cheque.

Comment

The first thing Id be doing is checking radiator/ expansion bottle water levels to see if anything needs a top up and then possibly trying to get rid of air locks and worry about the rest of the stuff later. Maybe Id see if there was any heat at the rear heater. If I found water levels to be low and airlocks in the system, and I owned a 2.4 I would then think, " the buggers have overheated it, boiled off half the water, and that will be the head gone now.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Certainly suggest a change of Garage for a start !!

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Sorry, it's 1993 2.4 auto. I know the rear heater doesn't work, the pipes running to it are blocked so cold air only there. The garage said one of the mechanics had topped up the coolant, makes me think he's had a pipe off while working on it. The oil leak was behind the oil filter housing.

4WD was definately working before he got his hands on it but now another mechanic is telling me it's the auto-hubs on the front. The prop is turning, just not the wheels.

Comment

You won't have auto hubs on a 1993 Surf.
                It has A.D.D. and the front diff is actuated by vacuum.
                Check that the small diameter rubber vacuum pipes are connected to either end of the silver ducting that has EFI TURBO DIESEL .
                Also check that the same rubber vac pipes are connected to the 'T' piece that goes down to the front of the alternator, this is where the vacuum pump for the ADD is. This pipe would have been disturbed if the oil cooler was worked on.

With a stone cold engine, the expansion tank should be about one third full of coolant.
                If more coolant is needed, top up via the radiator cap.

Comment

Working...
                X