KZN 130 head info wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN 130 head info wanted

Hi all, ive just bought a 1993 3.0 surf with the usual head hassles- i have a new head and gaskets,bolts,belts etc, but no info on fitting.

Can anyone tell me the location of timing marks, torque settings and if there is a specific bolt tightening sequence (not just start in the middle and work out...!)

The car has been very well looked after and i will fit a new radiator and waterpump when i do the job- is there anything i need to look out for, both with the job or Surfs in general?

Any help would be greatfully received!

Cylinder head bolt torques are stage 1..39nm,followed by a 90degree turn on each for stage 2,and again another 90 degree turn for final torque.You'll have worked up a sweat by then!
    (Make sure headbolt holes in the block are clean/clear of crud or water,blow compressed air in each or give a squirt with a bike pump if you dont have a compressor)
    Tightening sequence is as you said,start in the middle two,1,2..then 3,4 diagonaly etc etc.
    Timing belt is very easy on this engine as access is good compred to the 2.4
    Camshaft mark is on the top ,12 oclock,pump has two marks,around 5 to 2(on a clock face)
    Youll need a small allen key to lock the tensioner down.
    Fit belt anti-clockwise from bottom.Once its on,turn engine round clockwise on the crankshaft two times and check that your marks line up.
    Once you see in there youll see how easy it is.
    Hope that helps alittle

Comment

have a look in the sticky threads as i have posted up all the timing marks etc for the 3.0l
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
      X