Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Change

Hi All, hope you all had a great Xmas

Have started stripping down the engine to replace the head which arrived from Steve on Xmas Eve. Have good advice from Steve, Tony N, and Stormy and everything has gone well but have a couple of questions just to prevent me making a silly mistake

Steve advised me to remove the head with both manifolds attached, as well as disconnecting the injector pipes at the pump end, which seems logical to me, and I have managed to get everything disconnected to do this apart from:

i) A small brown connector under the throttle body - it won't come apart! How does it latch cos I don't wanna break it?

ii) The dip stick pipe seems to be in the way, so does that need to come out of the block?

Maybe I have drunk one two many ciders over the last few days and I am not thinking straight, but that's about the only real problems so far, but if anyone can think of please let me know as I'd be most grateful,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Hi Nick.Some of those connectors can be sods to undo but they will come eventually.
    Undo the bolt at the top of the dipstick tube and remove the dipstick.The tube will twist and come apart as its in 2 halves
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Rich,

Thanks for that. I will have go at the remaining bits later. I think the plug is gonna be a git cos I can only just get my hand in the gap, and now I know about the dipstick tube I can sort that too

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
      X