Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does ths do??

Hi all,

me again! I noticed there is a fan between the front grill and radiator (in front of radiator) So far it hasn't done anything as far as i am aware - what is it for? It's very cold out so is it just not coming on because it's not needed or is it something else i probably need to fix!

Loving my surf, but it's hard work! And i'm getting paranoid about overheating after reading this forum!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

it spins

itll run after you turn the engine off if its too hot.
    the main one cant as its part of the engine.

Comment

isn't that the air con fan?
      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Not enough information to tell what the OP is asking. Could be the auxiliary fan, could be an air con fan.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Sounds like the electric aux,fan on the front of the rad, to the right hand,its operated by a switch/sensor on the thermostat houseing and switches on when the engine needs a little extra cooling.
          (If youre unsure if it works or not,switch on the ignition and unplug the sensor wire at the thermostat housing,where the coolant cap is,the fan will start if it works)
          Last edited by dannymac; 4 January 2010, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by dannymac View Post
            Sounds like the electric aux,fan on the front of the rad, to the right hand,its operated by a switch/sensor on the thermostat houseing and switches on when the engine needs a little extra cooling.
            (If youre unsure if it works or not,switch on the ignition and unplug the sensor wire at the thermostat housing,where the coolant cap is,the fan will start if it works)
            Danny - take a gold star! I unpluged said wire and hey presto all working - I guess my engine hasn't got hot enough to need it since i've had the car!
            “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
            X