X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A strange idea?

Hi all,

My heating isn't working :-(
    I guess it's either a blockage going to the Matrixes or air in the system - How do you bleed it?

The front heating get slightly warm, the rear stays cold - here is my strange idea: if I fitted a small electric water pump on a switch (possibly a windscreen washer pump?) inline/ parallel between the matrixes this should push the water around making it more efficient (once the engine is hot)

Any one else think this is a good idea? I just want to be warm 'cos it's ###### cold out!
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Check the thermostat first.
    ionic SURFactant

Comment

And that the rad isn't frozen. Make sure you have plenty anti freeze in the cooling system

Comment

I have bled the system now - I took the return pipe off the bulkhead (left of two pipes if looking from front of car) and it is a bit warmer now, I didn't think to check whether the thermostat is stuck open (top hose gets hot so should be open)
        I have definatly got antifreeze, I drained and refilled it a few weeks ago.
        If the thermostat is stuck open i guess it will over cool and matrix won't get hot?
        The temperature gauge is showing slighly left of centre.
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
        X