Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-belt light

Advice please.
    T-belt light came on this morning, clock is now at 200,000 km looking under the bonnet at the t-belt cover there is a maintence sticker with 1998 8 / 4 and then 98521 km; if this is correct then the belt was last changed in 98' and 101479 km ago, so definatley time for a change I'm guessing.

Now I already have the vehical booked in for 20th of this month for a timing belt coolent change etc., the advice I'm after is:

Should I not drive it at all before this is done?
    Or is it ok for a few more k anyway.

I checked the belt it "looks" nearly new, no cracks or wear and doesn't move much at all, as do all the other belts at that end of the engine.

peace
    cal
    Last edited by Calos; 8 November 2009, 15:08.
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

it should be ok till then but don't leave it to long tho to be on the safe side
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      it should be ok till then but don't leave it to long tho to be on the safe side
      Thanks Stormforce, I'll use it sparingly and drive it like a blue-rinser till it's done then.

peace
      cal

Comment

How did you check the belt?

It's eleven years old and in reality should be changed after five years regardless of mileage. The decision is yours.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          How did you check the belt?

It's eleven years old and in reality should be changed after five years regardless of mileage. The decision is yours.

Nev
          I looked at it, and pushed against it. I'm certainly no expert and 5 years sounds sensible to me also; thanks Nev.

peace
          cal

Comment

Working...
          X