oops great big bang !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
    yeah thanks stormforce i will try that even though i feel a bit cheeky !
    could it be transmission wind up ? it feels like it when driven in 4wd.
    i have to reverse to get it back into 2wd.
    Have you been driving it in 4wd on the road?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

no i havent but i only bought the truck a few days ago so the previous owner may have. it certainly feels to me that it is wound up, how would i know for sure and how can i unwind it ?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
        no i havent but i only bought the truck a few days ago so the previous owner may have. it certainly feels to me that it is wound up, how would i know for sure and how can i unwind it ?
        No idea!
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

To unwind the transmission you can ;
          Find some loose /muddy ground and drive around on it
          Jack up one corner so one wheel at least is off the ground
          What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Personally i would find a nice muddy area (not enough to get stuck in though). Drive forward and reverse a few times in 2wd high, then try the same again in 4wd high. If this all goes well I would then try 4wd Low. Remember to put in Neutral before moving H/L lever.
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              just wondering if it could be the trans box like already mentioned.I got a transbox and gearbox still on the truck aswell.I don't split them i sell as a complete unit as i can't be bother splitting them.For the gearbox/trans box delivered on a pallet will be £220

Rich if you do not want to split one , i have a buggered autobox her .....2 infact as the curse of lurch buggered the one you sent me ......lots of stone chips in the torque converter have gone though the box , so i have a fubared 2nd gen now as cannot afford to spend any more money on it ...... just going to organise to strip all usesful parts to sell and scrap
              ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, firstly i will try the driving on loose ground and see if that helps.

Comment

Did you fix it then?
                  What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

i drove it on loose ground and it seemed to fix the problem, but was later told the reason for the problem is probably because the rear tires are smaller than the fronts.

Comment

Working...
                    X