Rear end rattle/clonking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear end rattle/clonking

Hi All in the last few days i have developed a loud rattle/clonking noise from the rear of my surf !! i thought it was the antiroll bar brackets so i had a quick look and prod with my crowbar but found the rubbers & brackets are ok !! so had a look at the rest of the suspention and fount the antiroll bar link rod has sheared in two (ball joint broke off) anybody else had this problem? or know the cause?

Dom

P.S.
    I suppose i could of caused the problem when i was doing doughnuts in b&q car park!!

Is the jack secure?

Please tell me the doughnut thing was a joke?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yep it was a joke about the doughnuts !! anyway the jack is fine i am just conserned that the anti roll bar link rod has snaped in two !! the ball joint has sheared off the rest of the bar and the passanger side is not looking to healthy lots of play in the joint !! . could this be caused by the suspention being lifted by about 2.4 inches by the last owner (land cruser springs i think) ?

Dom

P.S. the reason i think she has be lifited ib because i had two lower my towbar hitch by 2.5 inches !!!

Comment

Originally posted by skinflint View Post
        Yep it was a joke about the doughnuts !! anyway the jack is fine i am just conserned that the anti roll bar link rod has snaped in two !! the ball joint has sheared off the rest of the bar and the passanger side is not looking to healthy lots of play in the joint !! . could this be caused by the suspention being lifted by about 2.4 inches by the last owner (land cruser springs i think) ?

Dom

P.S. the reason i think she has be lifited ib because i had two lower my towbar hitch by 2.5 inches !!!
        if the truck has been lifted and the arbs haven't been adjusted accordingly then this would account for the drop link to break i should think.You can make a couple of lowering brackets easy enough to attach to the chasis where the top of the drop link fixes to and then bolt the drop link bracket to the plate
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
        X