demister and speedo problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demister and speedo problems

hi guys, i have just bought my third surf and as usual im here looking for a bit of help.
    its a 1992 2.4td and the windscreen demister is not working, i have has a look at the white levers under the drivers footwell and they seem to work ok so im starting to think it has a blocked pipe, is there anything else i should check ? with winter coming i really need this fixing.
    also the speedo has a mind of its own, it sticks alot false reads alot, do i swap the binnacle over or could it be some type of sensor ?
    any help will be great guys.

Do a search for heater matrix or coolant flush, you should find all your demister answers in there!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

i did that and could only find 1 answer hence why i posted, i could only find 1 answer to the question why doesnt the windscreen demister blow any air through the vents when the box next to the brake pedal is working correctly.
      the answer i found was that the vent pipes are possibly blocked, so i was simply asking if anybody had any constructive suggestions as to anything else it could be.

Comment

Cables fell off the heater control flaps?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

hi and thanks for the reply, i dont know much about these old surfs so im not sure what you mean, can you elaborate please ?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
            hi and thanks for the reply, i dont know much about these old surfs so im not sure what you mean, can you elaborate please ?
            The heater control flaps are controlled by motors and cables, maybe one or more of them have failed?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

thanks i will see if i can see anything hanging off or missing.

Comment

Working...
              X