Body or Suspension Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body or Suspension Lift

Hi Everyone having had the truck for a while I am now thinking about what mods to do to it.

I have a friend who is a mechanic who is looking into the intercooler mod and I am looking at bigger wheels.

Problem !!!!

I have been advised that the truck has had a height increase but I cannot (and this is a nube thing I can imagine) see what has been lifted.

How can I tell what has been lifted? If you look from the side of the truck under the arches it obvious that something has been done but what, you can see an 1” gap between the chassis but that’s about it however from the side it looks a lot higher than 1”.

Any pointers would be great so I can plan what to do next.
    Always room for more power!!!!

I would go the 2" body lift and the lancruiser spring route if your on a budget but if you got £1500 then go for the full 4" lift from lasupertrux.I will be going this route and 2" spring spacers and a 3" bodylift to fit 39" tyres soon but at the mo i have the lc springs giving 3" and a 2" bodylift running 33's at the moment
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

What colour are the shocks and springs on the back?

Comment

Its got Bilstein Dampers and rusty springs (possibly black) with a Blue Heavy duty Adjustable Panhard rod at the back.

its on 16" rims with 70 Profile tyres and it still has about a 10" - 12" gap between the top of the tyres and the arches.

I have tried to upload a photo of it but it keeps failing so i think i need to take some low res photos for posting.

Comment

Seems like you either have uprated Surf/4Runner, or standard Landcruiser springs and a 1" or 1 1/2" bodylift.

Comment

So in theory now i can actually do a 2" body lift so i can get my Intercooler under the bonnet without too much hastle as it looks like the rest of the suspension has all ready been uprated.

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
              So in theory now i can actually do a 2" body lift so i can get my Intercooler under the bonnet without too much hastle as it looks like the rest of the suspension has all ready been uprated.
              Yes, just remove the lift blocks that are in there now and replace with thicker ones.

If you look under the side of the truck, along the sides where body is bolted to the chassis, you should be able to see if the body has been lifted as the lift blocks will be visible. There are five down each side.

Comment

Working...
              X