Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con fans removal

Hi all
    as any one removed the air con fans from under the engine , as i wish to take them off for good, but need to know if this is a hard or easy job to do ,?
    any advice will help, thanks , Dan.

It's just four bolts to drop the assembly off. Getting the pipework out tends to take longer than removing the fan assembly. Are you removing the aircon system completely?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      It's just four bolts to drop the assembly off. Getting the pipework out tends to take longer than removing the fan assembly. Are you removing the aircon system completely?
      no i just want to get rid of the 2 fans as i think takeing all the air con out would be to mutch work,
      cheers ,Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by dan222 View Post
        no i just want to get rid of the 2 fans as i think takeing all the air con out would be to mutch work,
        cheers ,Dan.
        No big job.
        If your air-con has never worked then chances are that all the gas has evaporated anyway so just unscrew the pipes and drop the rad down.
        Remove pipes from compressor and remove it, and them too.

Comment

Please bear in mind that removing the loom from the fans can give you starting issues. In my case it was an open circuit that would not allow the starter relay to energise. tWas a eight bugger to diagnose. As for the rest of the aircon ... It's all easy to remove.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

has anyone else had this problem of not beign able to start the engin after removing the fans, ?

Comment

Not personally. You can easily check before removing anything. Drop the condensor rad but leave all of the hoses connected and disconnect the connector for the fans.
              Last edited by MattF; 20 October 2009, 20:42.

Comment

Thanks To All

sounds like thats the way
                cheers for all the advice , thanks to all
                ,Dan.

Comment

has anyone else had this problem of not beign able to start the engin after removing the fans, ?
                  Nope.

Comment

not had a problem at all

Comment

Sounds like you just had crappy luck when you removed yours Gra.

Comment

Ahhhh... tWas the great windy one that removed it.
                        there was an earth wired possibly, by a previous owner which when I connected back up stopped the drain. I think it was from an immobiliser. But your right I just had crappy luck ( and me vince, stein and bio trying to reassemble the dash before the rac arrived)
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                        X