No announcement yet.

Rear Wheel Carrier On a 3rd generation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Wheel Carrier On a 3rd generation?

Hi guys, Been looking at surfs for years, but never been able to afford one. Am just selling my house, then will be looking to buy a 3rd gen, as I feel it has a more practical rear passenger space and boot layout. Looking to pay between 10 to 14K for something decent.

1. Is it possible to put the external swing-out wheel carrier from a gen 2 onto a gen 3? or alternatively, is there a purpose built one available? (Yes I'm mechanically competent)

2. I'll be looking to buy by end of August in time for my birthday, Anybody suggest the best way to buy a good gen 3? Is it best to request one importing and wait the 3 months for delivery?

3. Anybody have an idea how much a 2000 model year gen3 is likely to fetch, and how obtainable and expensive one as new as this would be please?

4. Finally, I've heard a lot of trouble with many grey imports having been stolen in Japan, then sold on here... Is there much risk of this with surfs?

I've been reading this forum for a while, and it's great. the members are very friendly indeed.

Many thanks, Craig.

Originally posted by sadanorakman
    Hi guys, Been looking at surfs for years, but never been able to afford one. Am just selling my house, then will be looking to buy a 3rd gen, as I feel it has a more practical rear passenger space and boot layout. Looking to pay between 10 to 14K for something decent.

1. Is it possible to put the external swing-out wheel carrier from a gen 2 onto a gen 3? or alternatively, is there a purpose built one available? (Yes I'm mechanically competent)

2. I'll be looking to buy by end of August in time for my birthday, Anybody suggest the best way to buy a good gen 3? Is it best to request one importing and wait the 3 months for delivery?

3. Anybody have an idea how much a 2000 model year gen3 is likely to fetch, and how obtainable and expensive one as new as this would be please?

4. Finally, I've heard a lot of trouble with many grey imports having been stolen in Japan, then sold on here... Is there much risk of this with surfs?

I've been reading this forum for a while, and it's great. the members are very friendly indeed.

Many thanks, Craig.
    1. Why not just buy one that has the wheel mounted on the back.

2. You have time to get one for August, should be able to get one within 2 months.

3.A 1997 one will go for between £11,500 and £13,500 from a dealer, should be able to get a 1999/2000 model for £15-16k as a direct import.

4. No you should not have any problem, the Japanese auction houses will check them before, it's only if you buy from a dodgy dealer on the net, you can also have them BIMTA checked.

Comment

I wasn't aware that any gen3's had rear mounted spares??? Is it a factory optional extra, or standard on a particular model?

Also, could you recommend a good auction house/importer to go through please, as i dont mind going to £16K to get what I want. I assume I can make preference of colour and manual box then? Is this price you speak of inclusive of all taxes and duty and stuff? i.e. an on the road price?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sadanorakman
        I wasn't aware that any gen3's had rear mounted spares??? Is it a factory optional extra, or standard on a particular model?

You either get one or the other, it just depends on what is specified when new, no two surfs seem to be the same.

Also, could you recommend a good auction house/importer to go through please, as i dont mind going to £16K to get what I want. I assume I can make preference of colour and manual box then? Is this price you speak of inclusive of all taxes and duty and stuff? i.e. an on the road price?

Give me a specification of what you want and I will get you a price.

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
        X