head banging trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head banging trouble

hi guys, i have just brought a 2l-te surf. has just had a rebuild and runs really well except for the first start in the morning. it blows out enormous amounts of grey smoke and seems to run on 3 cylinders for about a minute. i have just replaced the glow plugs and diesel filter and that is when the problems really started.

it wouldnt start unless i primmed it and remove the hoses off the fuel filter so replaced the primer pump thinking that is was leaking air into the lines. but no difference. so have replaced the fuel lines and hose clamped them on. the injector pump doesnt appear to be leaking at all, but 3 of the injectors appear to have small leaks on the outside. Im thinking about getting the injectors overhauled is this the right track to be going down?

oh and forgot to mention when driving and changing up the gears it holds the revs for a couple of seconds before letting them drop, has anyone else has this problem?? im thinking the injector pump hasn't been set up right???

ant help would be greatly appreciated i really want to get it runnung right

Hi and welcome, cant really help but it sounds like injector trouble,maby timeing, mine sometimes is very "lumpy" on start up, sounds like a bag of bolts, evens out after a second or three tho, anyway if nothing else i've bumped this for ya
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ya shouldn't have too, but crack each injector (bleed up) in turn... while somebody cranks the engine for ya ... Check for leaks !!
      It may be worth running some ATF /Injection cleaner through the system n as some would say test drive it "like ya stole it"
      Good Luck ..

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
        Ya shouldn't have too, but crack each injector (bleed up) in turn... while somebody cranks the engine for ya ... Check for leaks !!
        It may be worth running some ATF /Injection cleaner through the system n as some would say test drive it "like ya stole it"
        Good Luck ..

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
        mine does that 3 out of 10 mornings...... so i just keep cranking her a POOF big black cloud and off we go, i know my engines not to well though piston rings appear to need replacing...

contemplating V8ifing it....

Comment

I had a lumpy start up, it took a while to get her to start... glow plugs were not glowing electrical system problem.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

cheers guys it was the 80amp glow plug fuse wish i had noticed it sooner , and starts a whole lot better now but still blows white smoke for a couple of minutes till warm.

Does any one else have the same problem of it holding the revs when changing up the gears? or maneged to fix it?

Comment

Auto or manual?

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                I had a lumpy start up, it took a while to get her to start... .
                I thought you were going to say it was the Mrs first thing in the morning..
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

manual, sorry i should have said

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                    Auto or manual?
                    No I'm taking over Albannach's Job Matt, but if ya looked at Sting's profile !!!
                    It quite clearly states he's got a manual

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya never know when tho !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Sting View Post
                      manual, sorry i should have said
                      No need to Apologise Shaun... Matt the didn't have his on !!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya never know when tho !!!!
                      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                      X