chassis is crumpled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    They cave you a 90 day warranty..... Because the law says they have to. It's so that if you buy from a dealer, you don't pay an inflated price for a lemon. With regards to the sale of goods act.
    It says goods must be of a merchantable quality.... Nuff said
    And 'as described' And 'fit for purpose' even more nuf said, I would give the ultimatum...refund PLUS expences and a bit for inconvenience etc or Trading Standards and Press. As a business if I had done a wrong'un I know which I would pick....you have a very strong case, hit the barstewards where it hurts in the wallet, it may disswade them from doing it again!
    Oh yes also make sure they are in no doubt that you are aware of the small claims court and how it works (check that the maximum claim is right for you) or county court if not and make sure they know that you will go that way Plus costs. good luck
    you live in a small town where reputation is everything.....become a chatterbox if all else fails (or threaten it)
    Last edited by fatfires; 3 October 2009, 11:16.
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Im a bit lost with this thread. Have you andyw, informed the garage that you bought it from that in your opinion, and in the opinion of others, it is not roadworthy, that it has been in an accident and repaired badly and that you would like your money back ? and have they said "Foxtrot Oscar"

Theres a bit of emotional posting going on but for some reason the clarity in the thread is not obvious to me. There seems to be 2 garages inspecting, no garages MOT ing and I,m having trouble seeing which is which.
      Paragraph 1 , the I want my money back because, followed by "foxtrot oscar" has to happen first.

Then maybe the good folks of the forum can give you the advice you need, if indeed you need any.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

right my garage told me it was dangerous and well hidden damage, told the garage who sold it and they wouldn't believe me as it had just passed the mot. i did actually ask for a refund as im not happy and they said we cant decide that we need to let the mechanics see it first.

they said they would have it back and mot it again (it only passed in august)

they sent it to a garage 7 MILES away

garage did not mot and were not told half of the problems, I rang them and had to tell them where to look for problems. they came back saying yes it had been in an accident but was still ok regardless of buckling in the chassis and the suspension not being welded on straight. and they even told me the crack in the chassis right next to the suspension mount "should have a seam of weld run into it before the next mot"

i picked car up, got a written report from my local garage and have sent a letter including the written report to them quote sale of good acts not fit for purpose etc. now awaiting to hear from them in writing.

im now undecided whether to wait for a reply or just go straight ahead and book an MOT in at the local Toyota garage.

now i quote from the MOT manual section 2.4 suspension - general

under the reason for rejection part of the page.

2. Deliberate modification of which significantly reduces the original strength, excessive corrosion, SEVERE DISTORTION, a fracture or an inadequate repair of a load bearing member or its supporting structure or supporting panelling within 30cm of any sub-frame, spring or a suspension component mounting, that is, within a "prescribed area",

hope that clarify's it, sorry if it was abit emotional before but i was mightly pi55ed off. to the point i put my hand through a steel reinforced window after reciving the fone call from garage. and i dont usually have a temper.

with regards to what happens ideally i would just like my money back, because in all honesty i dont think they realised, however with service like that, they most likely wont be keeping there good name with vosa and trading standards, but ill wait and see how they handle it. if it goes to small courts claim i will be asking lawyer if i can invite the local news papers to the hearing. if it goes to small courts then obviously i will start to think about expenses.

HTH

Cheers

p.s the car was bought in southampton due to it seeming to be so clean. probably cos the engine had been rebuilt replaced or summit.
        Last edited by andyw; 3 October 2009, 18:29.

Comment

Trading standard and the sale of goods act is where you need to start ......you have alot more rights than they want you to know
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

If it was me, I would wait for a response now, and if the response is negative I would then proceed with the claims thing, and anything else that might embarrass or shame them.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

well ill wait for response before i talk to trading standards, small claims court, im just wondering if i should get another mot done before then? so there would be 2 different garages with written reports condemning it.

the only downside to this is that once its failed its mot i would not be able to drive it back down to the garage to drop it back off, assuming they say come back.

(im not driving it at the moment anyway, however least i can drive it legally carefully back down at the moment)

Cheers

Comment

Mate, take it back and demand your mney back, kick up such a fuss that the #### has no option, take some mates with you, try the heavy approach it worked for me.
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

how about an AA or RAC inspection, do you have legal cover on your insurance?
                  if it is illegal to drive it to take it back then surely they have to collect it?
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X