Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please Starting problem.

I need a bit of help my old freinds.

Just done a 50 mile round trip getting bait for a Pike fishing trip as I now have five days off work. Got back to my village shop to get food for said trip, come out got into Truck and it would'nt start.

All I get is the solinoid on the nearside wing clicking in and nothing else. I tried the obvios giving the starter motor a knock but nothing.

So got my mate in his huge F150 American tank to tow me home and thats where I am now.

Its never let me down in this way before or shown any signs of doing so.

I'm now going outside to check connections etc, I also wondered if it was anything to do with the gearbox ? I've moved the shifter up and down a few times but still no go.

Any help or advice gratefully received...Thanks Guys

if you heard a click when you turned the key it wont be gear box can you check the battery ?
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

No expert mate but are you getting dash light's on ok? if ya have nowt it's possible the battery's gone but they dont useually go all of a sudden like that,is the starter solinoid chattering when you trun the key? if it is then it's probably the battery, also possible the starter's ferked, or the "in drive" switch stuck, stops ya starting in gear, (you have fuel in there?)
      dare say the experts will hopefully be along soon, check fuses etc hope ya get it going ok!
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Starter contacts f*cked. Pretty much guaranteed!!!

You could check all manner of things, but when you get bored, see here for how to actually sort it.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Thanks very much Guys my first help thread and you're right on it.
          Batteries OK, filled to the brim this morning all dash lights as normal.

I'm following Andys advice just been on the phone to Roughtrax and ordered repair kit. Now going outside to start removing starter. Andy I take it what you did was strip all parts in the way from the top, filter housing etc and that the starter will only come out from the top etc ?

Also Andy the sticker size is 60mm o/d not to fussed about design will leave to you its just I've seen some of the Yank snipers on You Tube with them on thier scopes they look cool. If you want email me a picture. Let me know how much I will send cheque or paypal or stainless bolts varios, for payement.

Thanks Again.

Comment

Stainless bolts?!

If you had nylon I'd be interested!

Yeah, starter is REALLY hard to get out from the bottom, but a doddle to get out from the top. Just remove whatever you see that looks in the way, but the fuel filter / housing is definite.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Really struggling even hard to find rear mount bolts. Have looked at loads of threads all seem to be for the 3 litre.O well off out for another go.

Comment

Thanks again, the top bolt which is threaded into the starter is a barswert to get at. Finally I put together 600mm of 1/2 extensions 17mm socket with flexi end a very large ratchet handle as the bolt was very tight, feed this lot between the bell housing and the bulkhead and heave ho out the bolt came. Dark now so all I have left to do in morning is to remove the small cable/plug and extract the bugger from the top I think. Just hope the repair kit comes tommorow them I can go fishing on sunday.

Andy what do you use nylon bolts for ? Number plates...

Comment

Working...
                X