slow starter? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow starter? :(

ive noticed that for the last couple of months my surf is starting to struggle starting in the mornings. ?
    once its warmed up it starts again fine. infact even if i start it... and then restart it 1 minute later it is starts fine.
    its just that first start in the mornings that it is now struggling with. it ticks over fine but has to tick over for anywhere between 4-10 seconds. which is longer than it sounds.
    it used to start instantly but is now getting weaker.
    also when it is ticking over trying to start it also sounds like if i keep going it might stop?
    any suggestions as to what it might be?
    new starter motor? new battery? alternator? ignigtion leads? fuel pump??

p.s it also now gives out a large cloud of smoke the first time i start her in the mornings? im assuming this is because of all the ticking over she is doing before she ignites? or is that a sign of another problem?
    cheers guy.
    Jay.

Batteries, glow plugs or glow plug fuse. Getting the batteries checked should be your first port of call.

Comment

okie dokie will do.
      if they are nakered will it still say they are fully charged on the speedometer? because thats what it says. ?

Comment

That's a voltage meter only. It's not indicative of battery condition.

Comment

oh ok. cheers for that mate. ill get my mate to check it with his thingy tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X