Side Bars / Nerf Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Bars / Nerf Bars

The framework under my side-steps has rusted through - I've taken them off to see if they're repairable, but there's nothing left to fix, just rust.

Does anybody know if you can buy side bars in this country? In the US and Oz, you can buy what they call Nerf bars, which look better than the 1920's style running-boards that come as standard. I'm not looking for full-on, welded-on rock-sliders, just tubular section side-steps that I can bolt to the original bracket points, ideally.

Something like this?
    http://z.about.com/d/suvs/1/0/Y/0/-/...eps497x355.jpg

Cheers.
    (95 4Runner)
    Last edited by clean_me; 9 August 2009, 21:54.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow of a set of side steps i got here that use the same fixings as the originals that you may be interested in
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'd be interested to see those pictures if you can find them...

Can anybody else help?

Cheers.

Comment

Can anybody help before I just buy a set of side-steps from my local breakers?

Cheers.

Comment

Sorry mate i'll get the pics posted in about 10 mins for you.I forgot all about it after i took the pics
          Here you are

Last edited by stormforce; 13 August 2009, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Sorry mate i'll get the pics posted in about 10 mins for you.I forgot all about it after i took the pics
            Here you are

Hey Richard it looks like ya just tipped that lot outta the mixer !!

Meanwhile (Clean me) I have a set of original Steps ... n I'm on me way up to your neck O the woods (Scottyland) next Friday ... if it's any help !!

There's always a Payback ....Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

my place is leterally like a scrap yard here.I need to not buy any trucks for a couple of weeks and get rid of all the shite i got piled up.I'm waiting for the guy who put a deposit on those wheels to collect them as i need the room now aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                Hey Richard it looks like ya just tipped that lot outta the mixer !!

Meanwhile (Clean me) I have a set of original Steps ... n I'm on me way up to your neck O the woods (Scottyland) next Friday ... if it's any help !!

There's always a Payback ....Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
                And I'll be seeing Richard next Tuesday if they need picking up before i head up to Scottyland with Diezel

Comment

Seems like ya spoilt for choice Hamish !!

ps. (Andy) Growler got ya pm mate ...

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                    Seems like ya spoilt for choice Hamish !!

ps. (Andy) Growler got ya pm mate ...

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!

Comment

Hi,

sorry for the slow reply.

Those side steps look good to me - how much would you want for them, Richard? They look like a home-built project - are they?

I'm down in Cornwall after next weekend for three weeks, so thanks very much for the offer Growler, but I could pick them up myself.

Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by clean_me View Post
                        Hi,

sorry for the slow reply.

Those side steps look good to me - how much would you want for them, Richard? They look like a home-built project - are they?

I'm down in Cornwall after next weekend for three weeks, so thanks very much for the offer Growler, but I could pick them up myself.

Thanks all
                        Surfenstein made them for Wolf before i got the truck for breaking.What part of Cornwall will you be in.£40 for the steps.You will need the bolts from yours to fix them tho unless i can find some here to fit.

I got a front platic panels i need to get to Albannac aswell in Scotland.Its the main dash section and all the smaller parts and centre consol aswell.Will you have any room at all to be able to get it to Albannac or not.Sorry to be a bit cheeky asking but you never know do you
                        Last edited by stormforce; 16 August 2009, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                          I got a front platic panels i need to get to Albannac aswell in Scotland.Its the main dash section and all the smaller parts and centre consol aswell.Will you have any room at all to be able to get it to Albannac or not.Sorry to be a bit cheeky asking but you never know do you
                          Rich, if these are out and ready on tuesday I can take them up with me as i will be meeting up with Andy on friday sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                            Rich, if these are out and ready on tuesday I can take them up with me as i will be meeting up with Andy on friday sometime.
                            I'll see if i can get them out or as much as i can ready then Andy.Cheers

Comment

Actually it'll be my girlfriend, coming down for a three week contract, working at Truro College - you're somewhere near Camborne, aren't you?

She'll be coming down in a VW T4, so the facia/dash shouldn't be a problem - where's it going?

Would you like a deposit for the steps? I can do pay-pal if that works for you...

Comment

Working...
                              X