Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Steering!

Hi All,

Over the last few days I have noticed a slight change in the steering!

It seems a bit "vaguer".

I had the recall work done 3 months ago, tyre pressures are ok, there was a new Idler and upper/lower balljoints put on last year and I have replaced all the ARB Bushes lately!

Where should I investigate first?

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary.Check for any excess play in the track rods.When i had my mot a couple of weeks back i had to renew a outer t/r/e and the difference that made to the steering was great.I just need to do the other side now and change the p/s pump and steering box
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I'm not being funny here, but if you have to ask that question, you really should take it somewhere to have it checked.

The problem you have is that, like suspension wear, steering wear is a very slow process and you continually acclimatise to the change; not noticing anything until whatever it is that's wrong actually fails. You've noticed something which means that whatever it is that's faulty, is possibly in the throes of failing.

But to answer your question, I'd be looking at the TREs as Richard suggested or the Doughnut on the linkage.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Re

Thanks for that!

The Track Rod Ends are probably in need of change so I guess I will start there, everything else is fairly new!

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X