vibration noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibration noise

my surf is a 2.4 my exhaust manifold gasket has been leaking for a few weeks which is getting sorted and ive started getting a heavy vibration on on the idle speed and upto 1000rpm then it disapears and runs fine also fuel econemy has gone slightly worse, which i didnt think was possible lol all thoughts welcome

Originally posted by rob24 View Post
    my surf is a 2.4 my exhaust manifold gasket has been leaking for a few weeks which is getting sorted and ive started getting a heavy vibration on on the idle speed and upto 1000rpm then it disapears and runs fine also fuel econemy has gone slightly worse, which i didnt think was possible lol all thoughts welcome
    My thoughts - You're a lazy git...

There is some relevant information HERE

TPS, Mountings and the elusive Harmonic Balancer. Have you checked them all?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

have checked the engine mounts and gearbox mount also have changed the throttle sensor so it can now be ajusted but dont know on how to check this harmonic balancer im guessin your talkin about the bottom pully wheel should i check for wobble or ?? and i aint lazy pal just p i s s e d off with this surf cheers

Comment

The harmonic balancer will 'chirp' when it's worn. You won't feel it, but sometimes you can see it moving in and out when the truck is idling.

Are you 100% certain the TPS is adjusted properly? Mine took hours to get right!

Comment

check the uj's mate
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
            check the uj's mate
            He's not mentioned if the truck was moving or not. I'd have thought UJs would get worse as the speed increased?

Comment

ye sorry with the truck moving or still and it has a full throttle off a different surf now with a new sensor bought as a full item and its not changed ive done the uj's a few months ago but more on this balancer were does it stick out oh and im havin trouble sining up it wouldnt let me load the form page thanks

Comment

Working...
              X