Ignition On Buzzer Continuous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition On Buzzer Continuous

I am new to Hilux Surf's, bought a 92, 2.4TD about 5 weeks ago that had been off the road for about 3 years. I have now got it back to working order, almost! However, when I start it up, I get a buzzer, which I understand is an "ignition on" buzzer (from reading threads on your forum, great forum), however, I assume it should switch off after starting and running, which is doesn't! Any ideas?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in your fruit salad!

Originally posted by noblewilson View Post
    I am new to Hilux Surf's, bought a 92, 2.4TD about 5 weeks ago that had been off the road for about 3 years. I have now got it back to working order, almost! However, when I start it up, I get a buzzer, which I understand is an "ignition on" buzzer (from reading threads on your forum, great forum), however, I assume it should switch off after starting and running, which is doesn't! Any ideas?
    Is it the door open buzzer or the ignition on beep? Is it on all the time, even when driving?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

It is not the door open buzzer, but the ignition on buzzer that continues even when driving!!
      Drives one mad!!
      Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in your fruit salad!

Comment

The ignition on thing is more a beep than a buzz, that's why I ask. Either would drive me bonkers if they were on all the time!

There are instructions on here on how to disable them. But I can't be arsed looking for you just now, they are here though.
        Last edited by Albannach; 25 July 2009, 00:02. Reason: Pish spelling...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I this what your after mate.
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=buzzer
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

is it the door open or 'turn the key' noise?

If its the ignition sound, NOT the door sound, then it indicates a dodgy altenator output - mine did it until i replaced the alt. then it was fine.

Its often accompanied by the dash lights staying on.

Hope that helps.
            If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Turn the key noise

That's really useful, as I am also suspicious of the alternator not working fully and your description ties in with the symptons I am experiencing. Will investigate further. Thanks.

Noble

Comment

Andy

You were spot on with the alternator, replaced it, and it solved the problem. Thanks for your input.

Noble

Comment

Working...
                X