Hi guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys.

Hi guys,ive just got my first toyota surf.Its has a few niggles but im sure youll all look after me and help me solve them.The main 2 are the alternators duff and not chatging and secondly the electric windows dont work except the drivers.
    Anyway its a 93 ln130 ssr-x.Also got an isuzu trooper 3ltr dohc and a frontera for off roading.

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers.
    Have you checked the window lock switch on the drivers door panel.
    If the lock isn't on then there must be broken wires from the doors to the door pillars inside that flexi pipe.
    Sreak to Lee Supersurf as he is in Mutley and he may well help out on the alternator issue as he has spares.You can get his number from his ads in the parts for sale section
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks mate ive already txt Lee about a new window switch pack which is winging its way to me lol altho it appears when i charged the batterys up over night (they where pretty low) the other 3 now work!!!!sods law but atleast i have a spare switch pack incase it does play up again.
      Took the alternator off 2day as it was only testing 11.5v off the alternator itself even after i cleaned up all the earths etc.Took it to my electrics man to test and diagnose.Not the best design or place to put an alternator btw!He reckons he has done quite a few off surfs but thats probably down to availabilty/price.
      Cheapest i got quoted trade was £112 +vat for a replacement!

Comment

give terry (lord lucn) a try aswell as he has some breakers in the parts for sale section also.
        I normally sell 2nd hand ones for £50 delivered but i got no 2.4 ones in at the moment
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ok thanks mate i will see what my man comes back with and whether its worth the cost of replacing the worn partsor just replacing it as a whole unit..
          Sods law as i bought one that was only 7 months old only to find it was the pre efi jobby.I know it would fit with a few mods but would prefer to keep an original on it.Thats the prob with rushing in thinking ur getting a bargain and not knowing enough about them yet

Comment

High Martin, welcome on board, enjoy your stay.

I have an alternator for a 1991 2.4, yours for 50 delivered.

Comment

Working...
            X