X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North East toyota engine repairer 2.4 1990 Manual surf

I have a 1990 Surf 2.4 Manual
    Bottom end went last year in old motor.
    Purchased a bottom end from Guy Near richmond North East UK who I need to contact for more stuff used to be on ebay, anyone have his number??

Also after having a cheap garage fit bototm of used motor to topend of my old now have pressure leak on coolant circuit.

Was going to scrap so SORN and forgot, now feel sorry for car and want it back on road and need my engine sorting and another windscreen, rest of car solid so a keeper.

If you are the man near richmond give me a call on 07951 562570 or anyone who can put it back on the road for me
    Cheers Shaun

Last description all over the shop I will try a list
    1. 1990 H Reg 2.4 manual bottom end replace and now has compression bubbling in coolant bigger when hotter
    2. I need it fixing by someone not too far from Hartlepool
    3. Vehicle is off the road at Hartlepool Marina SORN but can stick on trailer if needed
    4. Windscreen needed 1990 surf
    5. contact number for guy near richmond who breaks toyota

Car is solid other than that and need it back on road ASAP, Im not allan sugar so sensible quotes if you want to do the job

Cheers
    Shaun

Comment

If its bubbling over but not leaking I think its an air lock and needs burping to cure, search the forum for "burping" the system. A scrap yard at pallion, Sunderland had two surfs in a couple of months back with windscreens intact, you could try them. H

Comment

Needs a rebuild I think

No not just bubbling as after got from garage when engine refit ran 5 miles then pi**ed out all coolant
        when checked when cold ran up temp and fine bubbles showing in coolant as temp warms up to norm they get bigger. So when rad cap on builds up pressure and allowxs cap to lift and coolant to pi** out.
        Since then I have used it to tow boats in and out of the water until it gets hot, and every time too much pressure in coolant run plenty to bleed air from system.
        Thanks for heads up on screens though, any idea of the guy near richmond as I think he is the one I should have rebuild it?
        Or if you have an idea yourself I want to get it of sorn and back on the road ASAP.

Comment

Had a look on burping and if its cause the rear heaters not bled I will but
          Starting to get hopeful but not looked at vehicle yet.

If its something as simple as bleeding I will get it back on the road and boy will it get punished.

However on the other side of the coin dont think Im too excited yet as wont be the first time thisd vehicle has caused me heartache.

Usual debate in my head of I love the car, spent too much already and see it every day outside my office, but its solid however the engine is

Comment

Sorted one way or the other

Now got another 1990 surf, not as nice as mine but hey pricve was right
            Will be breaking mine if anyone looking for parts for a 1990 2.4 TD Manual, keeping some parts but I know how much of a pain it was to get this one

Comment

put a request in your other thread
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
              X