yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milner Brake Master Cylinder issue (Pos batch problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milner Brake Master Cylinder issue (Pos batch problem)

Hi
    After some brake problems, I purchased a brake master cylinder from Milners. Fitted it fine but I started to get brake binding. I thought that may be the calipers. I had to take it to the garage as I could not find the problem. They stripped down the calipers and found nothing wrong but still the brakes would bind on. So much so that my better half thought the truck was on fire from the smoke coming from the front brakes.
    Gararge stripped it down again and had no choice than to also strip the master cylinder, everthing else was fine. They found that the brake master cylinder had been built wrong and a pin had been put in the wrong way internally. This was allowing the brake fluid to be pumped forward but not return. It was a simple fix once found but obviously I had to pay for the time the guys spent on it.

I could not return it to Milners as my old one was really bad, so I asked them to pay the bill for the work done and to look at the others they have in stock just in case it has been a bad batch and all of them are faulty. Milners refunded the cost of the unit but not the work to correct it, but be aware in case any of you are going to buy one from Milners that this may affect the whole batch. Hopefully they will check but I thought I would let you know for reference.
    2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox! - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
    To use Drop Box today for free click go here https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNzg1MzQ5
Working...
X