Cam belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam belt

Hi guys, just a quickie how long should it take a qualitfied machanic to change a cam belt on a 3 litre deisel turbo surf, that has never done one before anybody any ideas?
    Thanks
    P.S Dont like doing this got a mate whos got a shogun he asked me if i could gather a bit of information about tyres please help original tyre size is 285x55x18 but would like to fit some general AT2s or some BFG's but trying to keep to the original sercumfrance of the 285's i.e by altering either size of width but still keeping 18's as a date. im thinking would 255x60x18 be close to the orginal 285x55x18 cheers guys help would be apreciated.

D.Moore

Originally posted by david moore View Post
    Hi guys, just a quickie how long should it take a qualitfied machanic to change a cam belt on a 3 litre deisel turbo surf, that has never done one before anybody any ideas?
    Thanks
    P.S Dont like doing this got a mate whos got a shogun he asked me if i could gather a bit of information about tyres please help original tyre size is 285x55x18 but would like to fit some general AT2s or some BFG's but trying to keep to the original sercumfrance of the 285's i.e by altering either size of width but still keeping 18's as a date. im thinking would 255x60x18 be close to the orginal 285x55x18 cheers guys help would be apreciated.

D.Moore
    It only takes half an hour to change the belt on a 3.0. Thats switch off to switch on.

I have 255/55/18, 80%-20% on my 3rd gen and they're about an inch smaller overall diameter than the standard tyre size. So 255/60/18 A/T tyres would be the correct size he'll need.

Comment

Originally posted by david moore View Post
      Thanks
      1 and a half hours absolute maximum, including tea and fag breaks.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

[quote=BUSHWHACKER;554266]It only takes half an hour to change the belt on a 3.0. Thats switch off to switch on.
        [quote]

I gave him manual reading time and breaks too...

Comment

The first time I changed one I removed the radiator too for repairs and still got it all finished within 45 minutes.

Comment

I guessed a bit too, I've never done one. Looks a piece of p!ss compared to a 2.4!

Comment

Cheers guys any more info on tyres would help.
              D.Moore

Comment

Ok his original tyres are 11.2" wide, 30.35" diameter...

Try General Grabbers 255/60 18. They work out to 10" wide, 30" diameter.

Or (what I'd) go for BFG AT's 265/65 18 at 10.5" wide, 31.5" diameter

Rob.
                Last edited by wishbone; 22 May 2009, 00:09.

Comment

Working...
                X