Another rear window problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another rear window problem.

Hello everyone, I am a new Surf owner from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I have done quite a few searches regarding the rear window not working and have followed advice such as making sure the wiper is home, making sure the window lock is off and I am still having problems. When I use either the switch inside or the key, I can hear the relay clicking, but nothing happens. I went to the tailgate and while I was turning the key, I gave the gate a couple thumps with my hand and she went down. This leads me to believe that I am looking at a couple loose connections. Does that sound about right to you? Thanks for the help and I am sure glad I found this forum as there is nothing like this in Canada.

Cheers,

Scott.

Just a bit more to this. The window does work on occasion, both from the key and the switch. I have a new motor on order and will be bringing in some new relays from the UK. I thought I read somewhere on here that if your license plate lights weren't working, this could be an indication of a problem? One is working and I am just on my way to test the other one. Thanks again.
    Scott.

Comment

sounds like it could be a loose wire connection, they can often get weakened where the wire enters the tailgate from below, as this pivots when the tailgate is opened/closed

or a dodgy motor, but you are getting new one
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

I found mine was getting slower and slower and sticking on occaision, I opened the tailgate set the catches to the closed position and extended the glass suported on a workbench, took the cover off and lo and behold the track that the bottom runners go in was full of cr@p and rust, a quick clean/paint/waxoil and what was a slow intermitant glass now glides up and down a treat (I had previously cleaned and lubed the side channels with a silicone spray and thought the motor was on the way out!)
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

So, I hooked up the motor to the existing harness. I didn't install it yet, I just wanted to see if it worked. It worked great when I pressed up on the switch, but nothing happened when I hit the down button (except for hearing the relay click). I pulled the access panel to the rear wiper to check the switch. I pulled the harness from the wiper and hit the up button and the motor worked. I hit the down button and nothing happened, not even a clicking of the relay. I hooked everything back up and the same as ever. I hit the up and down buttons and hear the relays, same with the key. I even wiggled the wires on the latches on the sides of the tailgate and nothing. I think the next step is to try and get some relays, replace them and go from there.

Scott.

Comment

Working...
          X