Will towbar fit...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will towbar fit...?

After perusing the forum for a suitable towbar I decided that the Witter TY87A would probably do. Two things bother me though, the first being ground clearence, does anyone know of a bar that's available that doesn't compromise this?

The second is my exhaust, it's a bit on the large side and looking under the vehicle it looks as though it could possibly get in the way of fitting it! Here are some pics, I tried to take some looking up at the chassis but they where too dark, anyway, suggestions please........

Cheers, Damian.
    Attached Files
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

You need to have the chassis rails and below clear, Exhaust could probebly be pushed a little to the side if it interfears.

The towbar will hang down, crosspiece is normally same hieght as the spare wheel, try not to have to large a drop plate, or remove it when 'wheeling. The bracket will save the rear bumper from abuse, but the exhaust looks more prone to being squashed than anything else.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

you should have mentioned it at the meet, several of them had the witter fitted (including mine)

looks like your zorst would probably get in the way, but any custom exhaust company should be able to move things around for minimal cost.

Originally posted by Damian
      After perusing the forum for a suitable towbar I decided that the Witter TY87A would probably do. Two things bother me though, the first being ground clearence, does anyone know of a bar that's available that doesn't compromise this?

The second is my exhaust, it's a bit on the large side and looking under the vehicle it looks as though it could possibly get in the way of fitting it! Here are some pics, I tried to take some looking up at the chassis but they where too dark, anyway, suggestions please........

Cheers, Damian.
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4TD[/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

Comment

DAMIAN pop over to sale after tea & have a look at mine if you like
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Damian

Cheers, Damian.

Yo Damian, as Marky says a few of us have the witter bar fitted, if you wanna have a look at the fitted bar, then I can pop round or pop round to mine if you dont wanna travel too far.
          Gaz

Comment

Cheers guys, the Smurf hearse should be registered and fit for the road on Wednesday so I should be able to have a snoop around at weekend.

Just been looking at the Towequipe bar on e-bay, it looks like the horizontal bar fits on the inside of the bumper and has a 'swan neck', (if that's what you call 'em) to the outside which could offer better clearance. But then the Witter does look tougher!

Laters......
            Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Only prob I had with the Witter bar was the n/s vertical hole didn't take account of the spare wheel carrier brackets on the outside of the chassis ( if thats what they where ) a quick push through with a suitable sized drill fixed that problem.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X