Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti roll bar bushes

afternoon all

just received my spanking new sets of anti roll bar bushes (both front & rear) from Milners. Now it's question time before I get the spanners out

1. the actual anti roll bar ones, blue (rather than the drop link ones, orange) don't appear to have slits in them to get them over the bar itself - how is it done??? I haven't taken them out of the packet yet so please excuse if this is a silly question.

2. they have come with what looks like a sachet of white grease which I assume is to put between the bush & the bar as well as betwen the drop link ones & the mounting plate to stop them squeaking, as they are polyurethane - am I right or should they be fitted dry.
    Also, if grease is the word (sorry about that) can I use copaslip instead.

ta for comment's, however silly

by the way, last month I had a set of greeway macho MT tyres fitted (my old Kuhmo AT's were getting a bit worn after 4 years) - what a tyre!!!. Looks well aggressive but handles better than the Kuhmo on the road (including the wet) and don't seem as noisy. Only gripe is they feel a bit soft so not sure how long they will last. Cheap to, from Sowden Tyres in Leeds

hawaii
    Last edited by Hawaii; 6 April 2009, 13:47.
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Re

Doesn't sound as if they are Anti Roll Bar bushes.

Are you sure they aren't bushes for the "control arms" as they come with a little tube of grease?

Can you upload a photo?

Ahh, just noticed you have a 3rd Gen, maybe someone with a 3rd Gen should help you!
    Last edited by hellmett; 6 April 2009, 14:40.

Comment

afternoon all

got excited last night so opened the packets and, lo & behold, the blue bushes that go around the anti rol bar do have slits in 'em.

I decided to go ahead & fit both sets, used copaslip everywhere and job done.

Couldn't believe how different the truck feels, although the old rubber ones didn't look too bad, the truck feels a lot tighter

ta

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
      X