Exhaust Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Help

Hi there, just got my surf 2.4td a month or so ago.

Noticed the exhuast centre/flexi was blown so bought new part from roughtrax.

anyways had a look tonight and noticed a bracket on the one fitted to the vechile, the bracket has a tac weld onto the exhuast..is this right?

i dont have any welding equipment at home so will be a problem if it is. Any pics of your exhausts (centre/flexi) would be nice.

Also, the downpipe seems to ready to go on its way to, is it hard to fit? e.g will i need to get surf off the ground to get clearance to remove and fit new one?

Hi guys, any help please? really need to get this exhuast fixed.

Comment

I got a complete exhaust off in one piece, with the truck on the ground, had to support the gearbox and lower the gearbox crossmember outta the way, so the downpipe alone should come out without too much trouble at all if it's not joined to the rest of the exhaust.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

If you mean the bracket I've circled in green then no it isn't meant to be welded to the flexi section. Mine was bodged up and welded and I had to grind it off and clean it up before re-fitting.

Rob.
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks guys,

thats the right one wishbone, so does the exhaust just rest on this bracket?. just think bit strange as vibration would cut it through the exhaust???

Comment

The 2 bolts go through the mount and the flange.
            Attached Files

Comment

ok got it now, current one on my surf must have been botched together as it is no where near the joint.

Will try work it out, thanks for the help

Comment

ok got my centre/flexi sorted no problems, but...

the down pipe, how on eart do you get into the studs at the manifold/turbo?

i can get 1 easy enough but the other two i got no chance, any tips? do i need to unbolt the turbo and pull the pipe up?

thanks in advance

Comment

you will need a couple of long extension bars to fit on the ratchet and go from underneath the truck in order to get them
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

all done now

was easy enough once you guys helped with the little tricks

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X