locker help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locker help

I am wondering what gear ratio my stock 91' 2.4 would have come with. I have been told that its a V6 housing and maybe 4.10's, but I wanted to buy a detroit locker and do u know if the gear ratio matters? and I currently got 35' mtr's and was gonna get some 33x12.5 boggers since we have lots of nasty greasy clay that my poor 2.4 cant clean the mtr's. I dont want to change the front ratio so whats there is there till i "SAS". all your help is appreciated.

jordan
    mmmmmm....... muuud

Originally posted by bezrq surf View Post
    I am wondering what gear ratio my stock 91' 2.4 would have come with. I have been told that its a V6 housing and maybe 4.10's, but I wanted to buy a detroit locker and do u know if the gear ratio matters? and I currently got 35' mtr's and was gonna get some 33x12.5 boggers since we have lots of nasty greasy clay that my poor 2.4 cant clean the mtr's. I dont want to change the front ratio so whats there is there till i "SAS". all your help is appreciated.

jordan
    I dont think the ratio matters when picking a locker. As it only effects the planet gears etc inside the differential itself.

If you only regear one diff then you'll lose 4 wheel drive till the others matching otherwise it causes all kinds of headaches mate.

Comment

i wouldnt just change one diffs ratio, or even different tire size front and rear. but thanx, do you know if the early 91' surfs had a V6 rear or a 4CYL rear ?
      jordan
      Last edited by bezrq surf; 24 March 2009, 05:19.
      mmmmmm....... muuud

Comment

Working...
      X