Radiator pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator pipes

I've fitted an auto box cooler, but not yet plumbed it in. I'd like the oil to hit the new cooler before it goes into the radiator section. There are obviously two connections on the radiator for this - one in and one out, on the nearside and offside.

Can anyone tell me which is the feed in, nearside or offside?

Cheers.
    Everything's easy, when you know how!

Originally posted by phorbiuz
    I've fitted an auto box cooler, but not yet plumbed it in. I'd like the oil to hit the new cooler before it goes into the radiator section. There are obviously two connections on the radiator for this - one in and one out, on the nearside and offside.

Can anyone tell me which is the feed in, nearside or offside?

Cheers.
    Offside is feed in Nearside return to torque converter!

Most installs are connected as additional cooler after the rad, as i have just done this, I would be interested to know reasonings behind your wanting to do It the other way!

I may feel i need to change it If it could benefit cooling!
    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

I don't think it really matters. The Kenlowe instructions have the following two points:

"It is not significant whether you cut your original supply or return line as the water temperature should always be lower than the oil temperature."

"Ensure that the chosen location for the cooler is near enough for the pipes supplied to interrupt the oil pipes going into the radiator."

I read from this that it can go either way, but I may as well interrupt the flow in.

Cheers.
      Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

Working...
      X